Skip to main content

Evaluation of Preliminary Task

 In the preliminary task we used a camcorder, my Sony camera and a drone to film on. We did some handheld shots as well as using a tripod. For the editing I used premiere pro the 2015 version. Using a drone was good because we were able to get establishing and tracking shots that we couldn't get on a normal camera but the footage isn't as good quality. Premiere pro is a really good editing software which I downloaded on my own computer to edit the footage at home. I also downloaded a few light leaks and other software extras which means I can do more with the footage.

I've learnt that getting your footage to match the peaks and pace of the song is actually really hard and we should have planned the shots so that they were more deliberate rather than just seeing what looked good at the location. Looking back we definitely should have spent longer organising and we should have arrange our filming days further in advance; this is because it was really hard to get actors at short notice.

I think the group worked well together, we all stuck to our roles and were all there when we filmed. I did all the editing, Abbey did the CD cover and I think we split to blog posts pretty evenly. We could have done with someone in the group to have focused more on organisation and actors.
Our audience feedback generally agreed that it was a good song choice and the shots were different and interesting but it was very hard to follow the story and understand what's going on.
For the music video I think it will be important to have more locations and there's a more emotional connection with the character we can do this by using more deliberate camera angles. Also there needs to be a lot more planning and everything needs to be sorted in advance rather than at the last minute.

Popular posts from this blog

Existing Student Music Video

This video features numerous different editing skills and camera shots throughout the video, the wide range is something I want to echo in my video, however I found the lack of obvious narrative frustrating as it lacked meaning. By following the one character through the video is easily to follow through the simplistic idea which was executed well through the smooth editing skills.

Actors

This is Ruth, Freddie and Chris. I asked these to film because I wanted it to look like a young family and I was positive they would be willing to help out. I am hoping that their connection to each other will come through on camera. This is John and Harry they are brothers and have kindly agreed to be in the music video. As with the family I want there connection as brothers to come through in the footage. There's is a big age gap in there and I would like the influence of the older brother to be obvious when I film, so he comes across as a role model. Josie acted as Becky Hill the featured singer on the song. The setting was a recording studio were Josie lip synced the song, with the recording microphone and stand I managed to get as a prop.

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?