Skip to main content

Song Choice

I haven't been focused on choosing a song at the moment, for the video the narrative is the most important so I've been spending my time developing my characters and storyline and I want the song to reinforce the message of the video not the other way around. However I do have a few songs in mind that fit with the narrative.
This song already has a strong narrative in the lyrics and because of this I would have to change my idea slightly so it just focused on the ballerina. This song is slower than I initially wanted but it is really emotional which is what I like about it.

This song really caught my attention, it is very emotional but can be interpreted differently. The lyrics find me could relate to the characters expressing themselves through their sport so it definitely links to the story. This song isn't as slow as ballerina but has a good mix which will be great for sequences of short shots.

This was my original song choice and my initial ideas all came from hearing this. This type of video, one that tells an emotional story has always captivated me and when i decided to produce a music video a knew this is what i wanted to make. One scene i particularly like in this video is when all the characters look at their reflection and all of them become connected even though they live completely different lives.

Popular posts from this blog

Existing Student Music Video

This video features numerous different editing skills and camera shots throughout the video, the wide range is something I want to echo in my video, however I found the lack of obvious narrative frustrating as it lacked meaning. By following the one character through the video is easily to follow through the simplistic idea which was executed well through the smooth editing skills.

Actors

This is Ruth, Freddie and Chris. I asked these to film because I wanted it to look like a young family and I was positive they would be willing to help out. I am hoping that their connection to each other will come through on camera. This is John and Harry they are brothers and have kindly agreed to be in the music video. As with the family I want there connection as brothers to come through in the footage. There's is a big age gap in there and I would like the influence of the older brother to be obvious when I film, so he comes across as a role model. Josie acted as Becky Hill the featured singer on the song. The setting was a recording studio were Josie lip synced the song, with the recording microphone and stand I managed to get as a prop.

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?