Skip to main content

Research 1 (Preliminary Task)

 
To get ideas for our music video I found some similar music videos on youtube that included a kid and the idea of him being transported to another place and has some link to his imagination. I thought this video was useful because though there isn't a strong, detailed storyline there is a wide range of shots that make it really interesting. I noticed that some of the shots are from a high angle, looking down on the scene as well as the tracking shot of him on the bike; these shots were probably filmed on a drone. I thought this would be really useful for our video as we are mainly filming outside.
Also in this music video there is a lot of slow motion shots that look really affective; this combined with close up shots would add a lot of variation in our music video.

Popular posts from this blog

Existing Student Music Video

This video features numerous different editing skills and camera shots throughout the video, the wide range is something I want to echo in my video, however I found the lack of obvious narrative frustrating as it lacked meaning. By following the one character through the video is easily to follow through the simplistic idea which was executed well through the smooth editing skills.

Actors

This is Ruth, Freddie and Chris. I asked these to film because I wanted it to look like a young family and I was positive they would be willing to help out. I am hoping that their connection to each other will come through on camera. This is John and Harry they are brothers and have kindly agreed to be in the music video. As with the family I want there connection as brothers to come through in the footage. There's is a big age gap in there and I would like the influence of the older brother to be obvious when I film, so he comes across as a role model. Josie acted as Becky Hill the featured singer on the song. The setting was a recording studio were Josie lip synced the song, with the recording microphone and stand I managed to get as a prop.

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?