Skip to main content

Ancillary Task Research - magazine advertisement

The poster is to accompany the digipak and advertise the album. Most poster will have a clear link to the album, for example using the same colour scheme. The poster shouldn't just be a copy of the album cover but show more of what it's about.






This is an A2 poster from one of last years students. I think this works really well; the text over the top of the image looks really good it's very bold and colourful which contrasts with the greyscale image behind. It's definitely different and abstract this fits with the music video which is about being a misfit in society. I think the four band members could do with being more in the foreground of the photo so it's clear on who they are and they will become more part of the poster.








Back Cover

Front Cover



This is a poster advert for the Coldplay album a Head Full of Dreams on the front and back cover of NME magazine. The same font and colour scheme has been used of both covers to show they are clearly linked. There is a clear photo of the band where you can identify the members. It isn't a iconic album cover but is bright and colour so really stands out on the page.

Popular posts from this blog

Existing Student Music Video

This video features numerous different editing skills and camera shots throughout the video, the wide range is something I want to echo in my video, however I found the lack of obvious narrative frustrating as it lacked meaning. By following the one character through the video is easily to follow through the simplistic idea which was executed well through the smooth editing skills.

Actors

This is Ruth, Freddie and Chris. I asked these to film because I wanted it to look like a young family and I was positive they would be willing to help out. I am hoping that their connection to each other will come through on camera. This is John and Harry they are brothers and have kindly agreed to be in the music video. As with the family I want there connection as brothers to come through in the footage. There's is a big age gap in there and I would like the influence of the older brother to be obvious when I film, so he comes across as a role model. Josie acted as Becky Hill the featured singer on the song. The setting was a recording studio were Josie lip synced the song, with the recording microphone and stand I managed to get as a prop.

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?