Skip to main content

Ancillary Research Task - digipak

A Digipak is a type of CD packaging that is made out of several card stocks such as heavy paper or cardboard. Digipaks are often quite similar to a flip book that can sometimes have three or double parts, so that one portion of the packaging opens to the right and on to the left or opens all in one of either sides and the CD would be in the centre of the portion.




Outside Cover


Inside Cover
This is an A grade students Digipak from last year. It is very clearly linked to the video by using the main actor on the outside cover. Having seen many  of Twenty One Pilots artwork the outside cover definitely looks like something they would produce. The inside cover is more linked to the song and doesn't fit as well with the outside or I would say the artists style. However I can see why the student chose to use the polarise effect and the photo has
 obviously taken while filming. I do like the way the photo goes
over both panels and the same on the outside cover.







Front Cover





Back Cover
This is The Weeknds' album beauty behind the madness released in August 2015. I think this album works really well; his face is on the front cover this states that this is clearly his album and because he features in all his music video there is a clear connection. The black with yellow makes the writing stand out and is a clear theme through the whole digipak; I have noticed that most albums have a clear colour scheme. The cover itself is simple but really reflects the
 tittle and that reflects him as an artist. 




Popular posts from this blog

Existing Student Music Video

This video features numerous different editing skills and camera shots throughout the video, the wide range is something I want to echo in my video, however I found the lack of obvious narrative frustrating as it lacked meaning. By following the one character through the video is easily to follow through the simplistic idea which was executed well through the smooth editing skills.

Actors

This is Ruth, Freddie and Chris. I asked these to film because I wanted it to look like a young family and I was positive they would be willing to help out. I am hoping that their connection to each other will come through on camera. This is John and Harry they are brothers and have kindly agreed to be in the music video. As with the family I want there connection as brothers to come through in the footage. There's is a big age gap in there and I would like the influence of the older brother to be obvious when I film, so he comes across as a role model. Josie acted as Becky Hill the featured singer on the song. The setting was a recording studio were Josie lip synced the song, with the recording microphone and stand I managed to get as a prop.

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?